THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
Don't worry about anything instead pray about everything. every flower bloom when it's time, and every prayer is answered in God's time.

Friday, September 23, 2011

What we usually think





Our Thinking:
"It's impossible."
"I am too tired."
"Nobody really loves me."
"Nobody really cares for me."
"I cannot go on."
"I cannot figure things out."
"I cannot do it."
"I am not worth it."
"I cannot forgive myself."
"I cannot afford to."

His Thinking:
"All things are possible" Luk_18:27.
"I will give you rest" Mat_11:20-30.
"I love you" Joh_3:16.
"I care for you" 1Pe_5:7.
"My grace is sufficient" 2Co_12:9.
"I will direct your steps" Pro_20:24; Pro_3:6.
"You can do all things" Phi_4:13.
"I am able" 2Co_9:8.
"It will be worth it" Rom_8:28.
"I forgive you" Psa_103:12; 1Jo_1:9.
"I will supply all your needs" Phi_4:19.

You cannot control the length of you life-but you can control its width and depth.
You cannot control the contour of your face-but you can control its expression.
You cannot control the weather -but you can control the atmosphere of your mind.
Why worry about things you cannot control when you can keep yourself busy controlling the things that depend on you?

There's much truth in saying that every man is the architect of his own fate. Your choices affect your destiny. Out of a rough block of stone one man may make a beautiful statue, another, gravel. Both products are good and useful under certain conditions. But a statue can be immoral in conception, and gravel can be the grudging and punitive work of a criminal condemned to a rock-pile.

The point is, whether you are a gifted artist or a competent gravel maker, you can choose whether to use your abilities worthily or unworthy. In building a Christian life you have the same choice.

Think about this:

A certain farmer had an unusual weathervane on his barn. Inscribed on the arrow were these words: "God is love." A passerby turned in at the gate and asked the farmer, "What do you mean by that? Do you think God's love is changeable; that it veers about as that arrow turns in the winds?" "Oh, no," replied the farmer, "I mean that whichever way the wind blows, God is still love."

0 comments: